How do you talk to yourself? Are you critical and resistant to praising and loving yourself?
When you look in the mirror do you see someone you love or someone you disdain?
How have those conversations with yourself made you feel? Do you feel uplifted or down in the dumps, maybe to the point of depression?
Since I know, personally, what it’s like to get so disgusted with the person I see in the mirror, I’m talking to myself throughout this post, too. I’ve had the same conversations that you’ve probably had with yourself–being critical, ashamed, guilty, ugly, fat, stupid, out of control and the like.
It’s time to change those kinds of conversations with ourselves. I know I feel a tugging to change my attitude about myself, because that’s not the life I want to live. It’s certainly not the life we intended for ourselves when we were non-physical and desiring to come into the physical as the person we are in this time-space reality. I know deep down within me, those critical words are not who I really am.
I want to live a happy, carefree life full of joy and love for myself! I can’t get there by being critical during my self-talk.
I want to see my experiences improve. I want so many things I’ve always held myself back from, because of my small, dis-empowered mindset.
I want to be that beautiful pure, positive light that I know I am!
The only reason we ever want something in this life is because we believe we will feel better by the having of it. And that’s a good thing! That desire means we are living and breathing eternal creation. We are expanding every day. We are never the same person two days in a row!!
The whole point of this life is to live in joy, happiness and have fun creating new things.
Let’s see what we can do to improve our self-talk….
- Tell a new story. Just because we observe things in our lives and our attitudes about ourselves, doesn’t mean we have to stay that way. It’s time to tell a new story about how we want our lives to be–who we want to be. It’s time to NOT face reality–it’s time to CREATE reality. And, the only way we can do that is to deliberately distract our thoughts from what we observe as reality and focus our thoughts on what we want our lives to be. The more you reinforce bad thoughts about yourself, the more you will find reasons and proof to believe that’s who you are. You say that’s reality. But that’s just creation from your past dominant thoughts and it’s time to create a new story about you–by thinking better thoughts and remember who you really are.
- Believe before seeing. The true path to getting real change in your life is believing before you see the manifestation in physical form. We tend to think that we will believe after we see our circumstances change, but that is backwards. The faith comes before seeing the physical manifestation or better circumstances. Once you’ve sent a desire into your vortex (the place where all vibrational energy of your desires are held) it is answered immediately by Source Energy. You have to realize that your desires exist in a vibrational reality even before you can see them. Stop beating yourself up because you can’t see any results yet. You have to feel that it exists and, then, take joy in knowing your answer is on the way–calling you to it. Your work is to simply get into the vortex by feeling good and you will vibrate at the same frequency of your desires drawing them into your physical reality. It is always, always, always a feeling process–not a doing process. It is not action based, it is feeling based. The action comes later with inspiration. Appreciate that you’re taking the time to feel good!
- Go general to feel your way into the vortex. When we desire something strongly, we sometimes get caught up in the details of it. By focusing on the details, we notice the contrast of the having of it and the lack of having it. We tend to start noticing the lack of having it and that activates even more not having it in our experience–it slows down the process of receiving. This is when we start beating ourselves up by our self-talk. So, to soothe your bad feelings of lack you must go general and distract yourself from noticing the lack. You want to notice things that make you feel really good! That’s why making lists of favorites things is so important–things that you love, lists of positive aspects of your life, things you appreciate and really make you happy when you think about them. Think about anything or any subject that feels really good to think about. This will allow you to vibrate at the highest level and match what’s in your vortex and by law it must start showing up in your reality. Yes, it take tons of practice, but you will be rewarded with feeling good and you will see the shift in your mindset and experience. When you feel good you more easily speak in kind and loving ways to yourself!
- Every day look in the mirror and make loving statements about yourself. Now that you’ve been practicing better-feeling thoughts, you are ready to start applying them to your self-talk. You’ve been writing lists of wonderfully delicious things that you appreciate. It’s time to insert yourself into the equation. Talk to yourself like you’re praising or complimenting or telling someone just how much you love them and why. You may not believe everything you say to yourself in the mirror at first, but in time, you will start to fall in love with you!
- Be gentle with yourself. It’s really okay not to figure it all out at once. Allow yourself as long a learning curve as necessary, because you’ll never get it done and you’ll never get it wrong. Creation is eternal and always expanding. It can never retreat or go backwards. Your path is unfolding at the right time and in the right ways. Be as gentle and tender with your feelings as will keep you feeling good. Appreciate your gentle spirit!
- Make your opinion of yourself and feeling-good more important than any other person’s opinion of you. Matter of fact, make feeling good your highest priority! Yes, that’s selfishness in it’s purest form. If you don’t make your feeling-good your top priority–no one else will–it’s not their job! We’re not talking ego kind of selfishness. We are talking real unconditional love–basing your love and care for yourself not upon conditions, but on pure compassion. Can you imagine what a beautiful world we would have if everyone kept their feeling good at the heart of every decision? When you focus on feeling good, you are aligned with Source and you can never make a decision that will hurt anyone or anything while aligned with Source! The Source within you is calling you to your highest expression of love. You are Source. You are love. You are perfection. This should be your opinion of yourself–because it is Source’s opinion of you! Appreciate your growing fondness of yourself.
With this process you will be able to have loving conversations with yourself. You will be able to see things that you appreciate about you.
Once you get in alignment with the Source within you, you will get an urging to do something or go somewhere or talk with someone. These are cooperative components in creating the life you love. Take time to appreciate that you are hearing from your inner Source.
Tell yourself how much you appreciate you for being still and listening. As you do take inspired actions, really enjoy yourself. Be excited and expect good things to come into your awareness and reality. Tell yourself how excited you are!
Watch for winks from the universe that all is well and notice the rendezvous the universe has set up for you. Tell yourself how much fun you’re having watching all the synchronicity and coincidence of the universe working on your behalf. Remind yourself that Source has your back.
Tell your body how much you appreciate it carrying you around in this life and serving you well. Appreciate each cell knowing exactly what they should do to keep you healthy. With trillions of cells working on your behalf you have a lot to be thankful for–so express your gratitude to you!
Most of all remembering who you really are will go a long way in having loving conversations with yourself.
Affirm today: I am pure, positive energy. I am the creator of my reality. I am an extension of Source Energy. I am love. I am as perfect as the day I was born. I am worthy. I am expanding and growing every day. All is well!
Do you have loving conversations with yourself? Comment with one loving statement you tell yourself regularly! Please comment, share and like this post!
Dream – Grow – Live!!
~Mary Ann Pack, YOUR Life & Wellness Coach
PS: Contact me today to learn about life and wellness coaching! Email: email@example.com or (903) 227-0273 (please leave a message–I may be in a coaching session).