“Loving myself first has created a cycle of well-being!” ~Mary Ann Pack
Why would loving yourself have anything to do with healing your physical body?
We all want to feel loved–even our bodies!
Einstein said everything is energy. With that statement in mind, how can love for ourselves affect the healing of our physical bodies? Aren’t they two different things?
It’s much easier to understand the concept of mind-body relationship when we consider we are all energy. Energy is in constant motion. Energy’s motion creates vibrations.
Everything we think, say, feel emotionally, taste, smell, see, touch and hear are our interpretations of vibrations of energy.
Our bodies are made up of trillions of cells that are also vibrating energy. They have minds of their own and want certain things. They want good food, pure water, good nourishment, pure air, healthy transportation systems to carry in beneficial nutrients and carry away waste. Most of all they want to be happy and live in joy–just like you!
When you take the time to align with your inner Source Energy and love yourself feeling really good, emotionally, you are not only benefiting your inner well-being, you are benefiting your physical well-being.
The love you feel for yourself is radiating love throughout your entire physical body, as well. It improves your immune system, it relaxes the heart, it eases your breathing, it creates a feeling of well-being and satisfaction in your mind.
Loving yourself first will give your trillions of cells exactly what they want the most–simply to feel loved!
We know that babies need loving caresses to thrive, we know that plants grow better with encouraging words, we know from Dr. Emoto’s work with photographing water and crystals that water is affected by words. We’ve even seen spontaneous healing through concentrated, focus intention by shamanic practitioners.
Even science has proven that researchers actually affect the outcome of experiments!
So, why would we not connect our love or criticism of ourselves with our body’s health?
Personally, I used to be a very negative person. One of my favorite sayings was, “That makes me sick!” I was so critical and high-strung. Always on edge and always getting offended. Ugh! What a horrible existence!
Guess what my attitude affected? My body! I created such imbalance in my body that my body began to develop dis-ease–and uneasiness that created illness.
I had migraines, digestive problems, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, breast fibroid, Grave’s dis-ease, three miscarriages, gall-bladder dis-ease, and it just goes on. Finally, I decided it was time to show myself a little bit of love and turned to a friend’s health food store. Out with the pharmaceuticals and in with the herbs! I needed hope in a renewed faith and trust that my healing was possible.
Now, you may not think that is such a big deal, but I had to love myself enough to take my health into my own hands and not rely on someone else to just give me more drugs. I actually had to learn about how my body works so we weren’t just throwing more drugs at the symptoms. I learned to better understand how my body works and how I affect the outcome of my health.
That was really huge! That one small act of loving myself to find the path to wellness opened the door to changing my attitudes and thoughts which helped my body to start to feel better. My body was able to assimilate the herbs and my cells responded!
Loving myself has benefited not only my attitude, but my body, too!
Loving myself first has created a cycle of well-being! It has continued over the last 22 years since this path began to unfold. I look forward to many more years of vibrant health in mind and body!
Fortunately, we have an inner guidance system called our emotions. By feeling good we know we are in alignment with our inner Source. When we feel bad we are not aligned with our Source. Alignment brings well-being. Well-being is constantly flowing towards us and it is our allowing the flow to us and through us that makes for vibrant health.
Alignment brings non-resistance. Being in alignment by feeling good and thinking good-feeling thoughts like appreciation and gratitude, puts you in the receiving mode of well-being. There is no resistance when you allow the receiving of well-being. You create an environment of healing. You get out of the way of the cells asking for and receiving what they need to heal.
By now, I’m sure you know by universal Law of Attraction you have created all you experience. You can attract by default or design. If you want well-being, you must design it by purposefully thinking good-feeling thoughts which allow the receiving mode to kick in and your body will begin healing.
We all receive exactly what we’ve been vibrating–whether it is well-being or illness.
The following are a few steps you can take on the path of healing your body with love:
1. Take time to start noticing how you are feeling–emotionally. Follow those emotions back to what thoughts created them. Remember thoughts and feelings are vibrations that affect the outcome of our health experience.
2. During the moments that you are feeling good and thinking good thoughts–revel in those feelings to build momentum so more good-feeling thoughts are attracted. Stay in an attitude of gratitude and appreciation.
3. During moments that you are feeling bad and thinking negatively–push the pause button. Overlay those negative thoughts with better-feeling thoughts. Reassure yourself that you don’t have to figure this all out right now. It does take practice.
4. Be gentle with yourself as you practice better-feeling thoughts. Don’t criticize yourself for having negative thoughts. Just acknowledge that’s where you are at the moment and that you can change those thoughts. It just takes practice.
5. Don’t focus upon the illness or discomfort, because then you activate even more energy and it will expand. You don’t have to hash it over and over in your mind or discuss it with anyone–this again gives it more energy and activates it in your body.
6. Distract yourself from thinking about your lack of wellness with thoughts of gratitude and appreciation. Think about things that make your heart sing. Every time you have a thought of your illness, pause and overlay those thoughts with better feeling thoughts.
7. Know that you will never get it done and you can never get it wrong. You are always making progress and growing–eternally. Sometimes we judge ourselves too harshly and think we have done something wrong, but it’s just your path unfolding. Keep moving!
8. Celebrate every little success. Every time you can catch yourself in negativity and choose to think better-feeling thoughts, you have made another success! Revel in the deliciousness of your successes!
9. If you believe herbal treatments or some other methodology will help you have faith that you’re healing, then reach for those things, but your emotional state is of the utmost value over any other treatment available.
10. Remember we are vibrational beings–even physically. Well-being is the basic nature of the body. Do whatever it takes to not interrupt it from receiving the flow of well-being.
“Well-being should be yours and your cells know exactly how to ask and what to do. And, if you could completely get out of the way and trust, you would become well again, because the cells know what they need and they are asking from their direct Source of Life. If you’re not in the way of that, that cell is going to find its recovery and if that cell does, then enough of them can and you’re going to feel really good.” ~Abraham-Hicks
How are you loving your body to wellness? I’d love to hear your thoughts and comments below! Please Like and Share this post–thank you in advance!
Dream – Grow – Live!!
~Mary Ann Pack
YOUR Life & Wellness Coach
PS: If you would like help learning to love yourself first and what that really means, please feel free to contact me today!
Phone: (903) 227-0273 Please be so kind and leave a message–I may be in a coaching session 🙂
Facebook * Pinterest * YouTube * MaryAnnPack * SunshineWellness